Donna Griffiths MSc (Hons) Physiotherapy MCSP, HPC, Category A member ACPAT
What area of injury and disease can be helped by physiotherapy?
• Soft tissue injuries, muscle, ligamentous, tendon and capsule trauma (spinal and peripheral) can benefit from certain physical modalities if approached correctly.
• Spinal conditions pre and post operatively
• Peripheral traumas including fractures post operatively.
• Orthopaedic issues
• Respiratory issues
• Neurological issues
• Movement dysfunction problems, leading from a muscle imbalance.
• Loss of form with athletes.
• Working within the multiple disciplinary team it can also help to isolate and identify behavioural problems that can then be dealt with by the appropriate team member.
These can be used in relation to animals and humans, being a Chartered physiotherapist Donna is able to assist the handling of the animal when ill/ impaired and help with the rehabilitation of the animal while also addressing the human aspect of the issues as well.
Donna qualified with a BSc (Hons) degree in Physiotherapy in 1996 and has over 20 years experience in this field. She has continued with developing her skills within human and animal therapies and is now a Specialist Orthopaedic Practitioner.
A Veterinary consent form is required prior to treatment.